Friday, June 15, 2012

39 weeks!

Mike thought it would be funny to take a picture of me, once again, pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen.  Just like he did when I was pregnant with Ben.  He's lucky he has a good-natured wife.  :)
I think I lost my ankles sometime this past week...
Ben was too into playing ball to do anything cute for a pic.

 Only one more week until this baby's due date!  It's so hard to believe and sometimes I wonder if I am really ready.  I am definitely ready to meet this little one and love him or her, but I am not sure if I am ready to be a mother of two! 
Thursday was my 39 week doctor appointment and my doctor went ahead and scheduled an induction for me for the 29th.  Since New Ulm is a smaller hospital, they only have room for one induction a day in the birthing center.  Therefore, my doctor felt like we needed to get me on the calendar before it fills up.  It's nice to know that we will only have to wait two weeks at the most before this baby comes. 
The nursery is finally ready for baby - complete with diapers in the changing dresser/table - thanks to a friend from church who came over and helped me get it all set up one afternoon. 
Mike's sister stayed with us this week and will again next week while she is taking some classes for her master's program in Mankato.  She has been a huge help - playing with Ben when I am exhausted, doing dishes, and even watching Ben one evening so we could go on a much-needed date!  It has been nice.  And Ben loves having her around.  He asks where she is in the morning and throughout the day, and if he sees something that belongs to her he says, "Mary" which sounds more like "Maywee".  :)
We are going to stay close to home for Father's Day this year.  My parents came down a couple weekends ago to celebrate and hang out and Mike's parents will come down to celebrate with us on Father's Day.  It'll be nice to just lay low.   You never know when this baby will decide to come!  Any predictions??  :)

3 comments:

  1. What fun postings. Looks like a great time was had by all camping and at the zoo! Great pictures!
    And what a tummy on you momma! I still am holding to a girl!!! Just my guess, so will be excited either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I say....next Tuesday! But, it sure would be nice if you could go tomorrow! One, if you've lost your ankles it will be nice to have them back, and two, tomorrow you'd get to hold, smell, feed and kiss your newborn. At 39 weeks you look beautiful. I'm looking forward to holding this wee one. I'm praying for you.
    Love,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete