Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gardening

Now that we are renting a house and actually have a yard (even though it's very small), Mike really wanted to plant a small garden.  I love gardening but he had to convince me it was a good decision.  Probably because I am pregnant and I tend to want to avoid anything extra right now...I can blame everything on my pregnancy :) 
Anyway, I am SO glad that Mike was able to convince me.  It is the tiniest little garden ever and we only planted two vegetables: sweet corn and green beans.  The staples!  But it has been so fun watching our little sprouts come up and they sure are coming up fast!  I think the soil is good down here and all the rain we've been getting sure has helped, too. 


Mike put a nice fence up to keep the rabbits out.

Now we just need to thin our beans.  When are you supposed to do that?
We also planted some hostas in the front of the house and would like to do some more plants and/or flowers on the side of the house.  The yard is in rough shape but Mike has been doing an awesome job in making improvements!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good work, you guys! It looks like that fence helps keep little "helpers" like Ben out too :)

    ReplyDelete